It arrived! My recycled and up-cycled paper making kit from Dear Plastic made it all the way from Australia to Taiwan without one little bit of damage. See me unpack it.
The box for the kit is made out of old Sydney Opera house plastic posters and it came with hand-written instructions. I haven’t opened the jar to investigate what’s in it yet but I’m sure the instructions or the video (below) will tell all. You can buy one, too! Click here to visit the Dear Plastic website.
So what can I make with my beautifully recycled paper? I was thinking of putting together a cute little art and culture zine to distribute around Taichung City every two weeks or so. Or…
- Seeds in your paper? Once you’ve finished with it it can be planted!
- Make a recycled paper notebook.
- Here’s a super awesome list of 55 things to do with handmade paper.
- Browse Google images for some visual inspiration.
I also found this cool idea for making recycled paper beads. These beads put me in mind me of a jewellery making book I had in the 80s.
What else? Leave your ideas as a comment below!
You might also like:
- JoB likes: HAND-MADE WEDDINGS | I explain how I made the invites for my wedding
- JoB likes: HAND-DRAWN HILARIOUSNESS | about a good friend who draws very funny pictures
- finds: adelaidian freestyle sewing | about a girl who sews people’s portraits, awesome
- JoB likes: DAKENG SCENIC AREA | there’s a whole paper and cardboard shop and museum here, even paper handbags
- JoB likes: OTHER CHRISTMASie STUFF | how I made my 2009 Christmas cards
Thank you for supporting jar of buttons.
Copyright © 2011. This website is for personal non-commercial use only. All written work and imagery copyright to jar of buttons unless otherwise stated.
Tags: art zine, Australia, craft, Dear Plastic, DIY, environmentally friendly, handmade paper, handmade paper beads, jewellery, paper beads, paper making, paper making kit, recycled paper, recycled paper notebook, recycling, seed paper, Sydney Opera House, Taichung City, Taichung Jazz Festival, Taiwan, up-cycling, writing, zine making