“My transition from 2 to 3 dimensions was making a crochet penis that I now use as a key ring.”
And… “Islamic fundamentalists don’t approve the range of colors used in my burkas.”
Also… “I’m not a street artist… I consider myself a warming table artist.”
Watch the artist interview below for more priceless quotes and laugh-out-loud moments. I really, really want to start crocheting now!
Have you crocheted before? What did you make?
You might also like:
- finds: dear plastic’s paper making kit | up-cycled craft fun that doesn’t break the bank or prick your conscience
- JoB likes: HAND-DRAWN HILARIOUSNESS | about a good friend who draws very funny pictures
- finds: adelaidian freestyle sewing | about a girl who sews people’s portraits, awesome
- JoB likes: HAND-MADE WEDDINGS | a how-to on making your own wedding invites
- finds: new taichung food and art places | part two: z gallery
Thank you for supporting jar of buttons.
Copyright © 2011. This website is for personal non-commercial use only. All written work and imagery copyright to jar of buttons unless otherwise stated.
Tags: art, art videos, artist, artist interviews, burkas, contemporary art, contemporary artist, craft, crochet, design, DIY, handmade, key chain, knitting, penis, tampons, used tampon, video, video interviews, wool